Saturday, October 20, 2007

Childhood Parties

In 1963 (?) my friend Wendy had a Halloween Party in her basement.
I dressed as a "beatnik" as usual, and my brother Mike went as a girl.
Below is Dennis McGuire, Gene Davies, Chrissy Davies, Mike McGrath, Jerry Davies
Patsy McGuire, Peggy Davies, and Wendy Wertical. I'm the one being murdered by the vampire! These were the kids I played with in my youth.
Girls: Me, Peggy, Chrissy, Wendy, and Patsy

Boys: Dennis, Mike, Gene, Jerry
Michael won for best costume, he was wearing my clothes, my sister Geri and I made braids out of nylons.

Wendy also had great birthday parties! This was probably about the same time frame, 1963. I'm the one in blue making the goofy face, when you're 8 years old there's no reason to pose nicely for a photo!

Back Row: Patsy, and Pam (Wendy's cousin)

Middle Row: Wendy, girl in yellow I don't remember, Peggy, Kathy, and Mary Therese

Front Row: Maureen, Chrissy, another of Wendy's cousins I can't remember name, and the girl at the bottom of the photo I don't remember either. (Peggy maybe you can help me out.)

Obviously we were playing some sort of silly game using women's under garments!
These parties are clear in my memory, along with most of the kids, we thought childhood would never end. I still keep in touch with many of my childhood pals. They helped shape my life and gave me the wonderful childhood memories I keep in my heart.


No comments: